2.07.2010

The Torture that is Francine Pascal

I was looking up something pertaining to another set of stories from my youth and I stumbled upon a blog called The Dairi Burger. It answered what I was looking for but what really thrilled and nauseated me was the theme of the blog. It was dedicated to all the Sweet Valley High books.

I am not proud to say, I have read most of them. And they were terrible. I see that now more than ever. Although, I know there were times when I was reading them and I even had to say, "What?" to some of the antics and hijinks the Wakefield twins got into. Not to mention how horrible the life lessons they were teaching girls of an impressionable age. Basically, it's good to be smart and get good grades, but if you aren't beautiful, thin and be at least upper middle class and own lots of nice things, then you are nothing. I'm sure there are a whole crapload of bad lessons in those books I'm missing.

But it gave me an idea for the tedious University section of The Sims 2. I just ordered it and Ikea from Amazon the other day. I also got the new BT album. (that album and the two games put me just over 25.00 so no s/h).

There's an entire series of Wakefield twins bullshit that I haven't yet read called Sweet Valley University. I'm going to set up a new neighborhood and university. I saw some awesomesauce looking university buildings on MTS2. I only wish I had OFB. That would be stellar.

Right now this is a mental work in progress. It's not going  to be your momma's Sweet Valley.

I'm even thinking I might want to take on the Caitlin series at a later date.

You know it's funny. There were a couple of books that Francine Pascal wrote that were actually good, like Hangin' Out With Cici and the sequels to that. And I enjoyed the made for TV movie, Hand Me Down Kid. It's amazing how crappy the moral of the SVH stories were comparatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment