1.23.2010

What sort of game is the Sims3 trying to be?

It seems to me it's sort of this messed up amalmagation of Simulated Life and Fantasy Game and Quest Busywork. Except there haven't been any supernaturals introduced other than playable ghosts. And while that's fine and good, how can they justify having alchemy and not have the supernatural creatures they had in The Sims 2?

I don't want to have busywork in my game. I think Alchemy and Gem Cutting and fuckall knows what else other sorts of Everquest/WoW sorts of skill crap they've added. Of course there are gem cutters in real life, but I'm pretty certain it's not a regular skill set amongst regular people in the world. How many of you go out and find gems and have them cut by a cutter? It just seems like it's no longer a real life simulation as much as it is a quest style game without the fighting monsters part. Yet.

And I'm not even going to go there with the way the characters look. They are unattractive and apparently difficult to adjust.

The Sims3 does not interest me in the least. Which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to the entire neighborhoods aging up together like real life.
Oh well. I'll stick with The Sims2 for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment