I love to download and add celebrity Sims to my game. But I don't download just any old famous Sim (no Angelina or Brad or Paris or LiLo in my game. Please). Most of the people who make celebrity Sims tie them into movies they are in. I dislike this. I prefer to use the actual actor. I usually end up stripping them down and putting them in regular clothing and make them look like them from pictures and not from movies. I also dislike the creators who photo skin the faces onto the skins. It takes a lot of talent to make a celebrity Sim with makeup and masks. This I prefer because then I can change the face to look more or less severe.
My latest celebrity Sim desire is Alan Rickman. And he's out there because of his role in the Harry Potter movies. But I don't want Snape in my game. I want ALAN. It disturbs me though, that by game standards he's considered an elder. Alan Rickman is not an Elder! He's only 64 (which is my mother's age).But now I have to find a good version of him as Snape to deconstruct and make back into Alan. Why can't there be a good Alan as the villain in Die Hard?
Anyway, I do have other actor Sims in my game. The first one I ever downloaded was Vera Marina's version of Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen. However, I put his normal hair color and facial hair on him (he's a sexy brunet), gave him a new last name (in this instance it was Tretheway) and set him off in conquest of various townies. I married him off with Carmen Ng in one game and he produced this little jewel.
I still have Basil saved in my dead game cache. I could clone him, age him and add him to a game. Isn't he just wonderfully ugly? That turtle chin! And that nose! He's definitely his mothers son, but with his father's Twilight eyes and skin. Next time I put Peter in game I'm going to put a Maxis style skin and eyes on him. I don't mind shiny skins, and there are times they look splendid (like in the case of Dragonmandy's Donny Sim). Donny is a good brother Sim to Peter. I had those two and the Russell Tovey (from the BBC's Being Human) Sim I'd downloaded from Garden of Shadows as brothers in one house and they were all three quite happy as brothers sharing the same house, until I married Peter to Carmen. But that was okay. I married Russell to Madison Fortuna and had Donny shack up with another romance Sim named Juanita and her daughter Muerta. Muerta is the product of Juanita having a short and cheaty dalliance with the Grim Reaper.
I also have Vera's Drew Barrymore. She's my only female Sim. But she's also one of my most favorite actresses. And Vera has her down cold. Vera has many Sims down cold. She's freakin' amazing.
I'd like to download Natalie Portman, but I've haven't been satisfied with what is out there. And Christian Bale. I had to arr him from the booty and it was a huge download that took forever [because it was from the second Batman movie with him and Maggie (she wouldn't show in the Sim Bin. Could you imagine the turtle-y looking kids she would make?!) and Heath (Eh, not interested at the mo) and that other guy who played Two-Face (not interested in him either)]. Then I found out that although he was exquisite in the photo on The Sims Ripoff, it was because he is photo skinned. Bah. But I'll probably take his custom skin off and see if I can use makeup and masks to make him look like him. Well, that is, once I get a no-cd crack and install Double Deluxe. Then I can put all that stuff into Body Shop!
But yeah. Back to my point. I don't have a problem using Celebrity Sims. I just use them like any other Sim. I torture them and make them do things and mate with people they wouldn't in real life. I'll keep you up to date on what my plans for Alan are (when I find a good Alan/Snape).

No comments:
Post a Comment